Reporting to the Director of Operations and Project Management, this position will be responsible for the effective and efficient operation of Facilities Services and Operations of ETFO.
Duties for this position, while not limited to, may include such activities as:
- Maintaining a healthy, safe and hazard-free environment for staff and visitors of the ETFO provincial office.
- Ensuring the effective operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical building systems, including but not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, fire safety, electrical, water systems, appliances, furniture and various facilities related equipment, products or services.
- Monitoring and responding to occupant requests for facilities services.
- Performing or coordinating the necessary maintenance, repairs and services to the facility on an on-going and as needed basis and ensure proactive maintenance programs and checks are implemented.
- Ensuring maintenance programs, schedules and records are up-to-date and progress reports are submitted on a weekly basis.
- Completing quality control and assessment reviews on a regular basis.
- Coordinating & supervising third-party service providers for repairs and on-going maintenance.
- Completing various daily/weekly/monthly/annual facility inspections as required.
- Managing the Fire Safety Training and mandatory fire evacuation drills annually.
- Assisting the Operations Team with the planning, coordination and scheduling of staff for various meetings and events held at ETFO.
- Managing scheduling, cross-training and support for the operations team.
- Acting as a back-up to the operations team.
- Collaborating and assisting the Operations Team when required (Information Technology, Events Services, Member Records, Records Management, Print, Shipping & Receiving).
- Maintaining storage rooms and facilities inventories.
- Supporting with any projects, special initiatives and provide administrative/operational support, as needed;
- Assisting with other properties owned by ETFO as directed by the General Secretary.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director, Operations and Project Management or designate.
The successful candidate will have:
- Three to five years’ experience in facilities management or supervision, with technical experience in facility building and systems.
- Certification or designation as a facilities management professional.
- Certification or designation in Building or Facilities Maintenance, Facilities management or building systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate positively with staff members, political, and organizational representatives, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Excellent knowledge of facilities, office procedures, and other office-related equipment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt easily to shifting and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Self-starter who is proactive and has the ability to identify and propose solutions to issues that arise using sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated self-directed, independent work style that encompasses an ability to work integrally with a well-established senior and support team.
- Ability to work as a team leader by providing leadership and guidance to support staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with current business software including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and SharePoint.
Applications, including a cover letter and resume, must be submitted before midnight, Friday, December 2, 2022, quoting posting #202223-08 in the subject line.
ETFO is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it encourages groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions in the Federation. Individuals are encouraged to self -identify.
ETFO is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416-962-3836 or email@example.com.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit etfo-feeo.sigma-rh.net.