Title: Communications Assistant (11-02)
Location: Communications Unit, Political Action & Education Division, OPSEU/SEFPO Head Office, 100 Lesmill Rd., ON. M3B 3P8
Reporting To: Supervisor, Communications Unit
Start Date: To be determined
Salary: $1,752.00 to $1,984.00 per week (Range 3 – PRO-TECH)
Working Conditions: As provided in the OPSSU/OPSEU/SEFPO Collective Agreement
Uses a wide range of administrative, design, technological, and communications skills to assist in the design and delivery of OPSEU/SEFPO messaging and communications products.
The Communications Assistant may:
- Develop branding for OPSEU/SEFPO campaigns, sectors, committees, and other groupings, and assist in creating communications products to apply that branding in a variety of formats
- Assisting in the development of social media strategies
- Design and layout graphics and text for OPSEU/SEFPO social media
- Develop original graphic materials for use in social media
- Publish content for OPSEU/SEFPO social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, and others
- Research communications software applications and recommend purchase of suitable applications
- Ensure compliance of written materials and graphics with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA)
- Take digital photographs and prepare photo files for various social media uses
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assist in maintaining content on OPSEU/SEFPO websites
- Monitors/filters OPSEU/SEFPO online subscriptions
- Undergraduate degree or College diploma in a field related to Communications, Digital Marketing, Graphic Arts, Social Media (or equivalent combination of education and experience) and three years of related work experience
Requires intermediate PC skills and a working knowledge with some or all of Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop Pro, InDesign and/or WordPress
- Tact and Diplomacy skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry-leading software, social media platforms and technologies
- Knowledge of contemporary communications strategies and psychology, news media, and various communications tools and their uses
- Knowledge of OPSEU/SEFPO’s organization, structure, policies; knowledge of own Unit as well as familiarity of operations of other Units
- Understanding and commitment to Labour/Social Democratic Philosophy and Diversity
OPSEU/SEFPO supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Indigenous workers, LGBTQ2S+ workers and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For the purpose of statistical data collection, applicants are strongly encouraged to voluntarily self-identify. OPSEU/SEFPO’s diverse workplace also supports Francophone workers and young workers.
A combined total of 60% or greater on the test and a total of 60% or greater on the interview must be achieved to obtain the position.
All applications must be sent in either as either Word documents or as a PDF.
Please advise should you require any accommodation to participate in this posting via email or by mail as indicated below.
Expression of Interest:
Please send your letter of interest and resume:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “#22.015 Communications Assistant, Political Action & Education Unit”, no later than February 7, 2023 (by 4:00p.m – Eastern Time.)
Written applications, should be marked Employment Opportunities, and must be submitted to: Employee Relations, 100 Lesmill Road, Toronto, M3B 3P8.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com