CUPE 905 is seeking a Communications Officer!
Are you a vibrant worker excited about Communications Development? Do you have knowledge of current labour, political, and social issues? Are you keen on building member engagement and organizing capacity for an organization? This may be the job for you!
Reporting to the President, this unionized position is responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and implementing communication in support of CUPE Local 905’s strategic direction. Applicant must be proficient in digital and print communications. Applicant must have a working knowledge of digital campaign/data and social media products, be tactful and able to engage a variety of internal and external partners – including political partners and media.
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement communication strategy for the organization;
- Advance the online communications strategy ensuring alignment and consistency with mission and branding;
- Manage the full range of public information and outreach activities, including key messaging to support the Local’s objectives, targeting specific audiences;
- Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to pitch brand and stories proactively to media;
- Coordinate and oversee the design, graphic contracts, messaging, printing and display of all CUPE 905 materials;
- Serve as a senior editor for all written material being distributed;
- Manage and develop a presence across social media channels;
- Successful completion of a Post-Secondary Degree in Communications or related area of study, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years experience in communication work in labour unions, non-profit or social justice organizations
- Experience in organizing, member engagement and mobilization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Knowledgeable about and experience with WordPress and Mailchimp;
- Strong technical abilities in managing social media applications such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube;
- Experience creating web content, newsletters, press releases
- Ability to manage projects, work independently, multi-task and prioritize as needed.
Driver’s license and access to a vehicle required. This position includes evening and occasional weekend work.
Rate of Pay: $ 38.13 – $44.87 (40 hour/week). Rate of pay and benefits package including pension consistent with terms of IAMAW Collective Agreement.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please submit your cover letter, resumé, and any work you are most proud of by 4:30pm on July 4th, 2022, to: email@example.com We want to know a little about you, include any additional information not mentioned here in your cover letter.
CUPE 905 is committed to creating a work environment that is free from discrimination. We believe that our advocacy is strengthened by a diverse team and we are committed to supporting the successful candidate. We encourage applications from those who identify as Indigenous, Black, Racialized, Women, 2SLGBTQ+, Disabled or experience any other forms of marginalization.
Posting closes at 4:30pm July 4th, 2022
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit cupe905.com.