Website CBE Staff Association
The CBE Staff Association (SA) is the legally recognized bargaining agent for the support staff working for the Calgary Board of Education. It negotiates the terms and conditions of employment for over 5,000 support staff employees, with two separate Collective Agreements. One collective agreement is for the Main Body staff, and the second is for Professional Support Staff. In addition, SA provides its members with advice and assistance in many areas including problem-solving with respect to rights under the collective agreement, health and safety issues, WCB difficulties and benefit needs.
The Director of Operations is the most senior staff position within the CBE Staff Association (SA) providing management and leadership to the organization. This position reports directly to the Board and will work with the board to develop a strategic plan. The Director of Operations will be responsible for developing and implementing an action plan towards achieving the mission, strategy and annual goals and objectives of the Union.
The Director of Operations will:
- Be responsible to participate in all Board meetings in an advisory, resource and support capacity.
- Have expert knowledge of business, management, administrative, organizational development, human resources, and financial and strategic planning principles.
- Guide the board in the development of policy, procedure, and programs, and will support the board individually and as a group in their governance responsibilities.
- Be responsible for running the day to day administration and operations of the office and providing leadership to the office staff.
- Be accountable and responsible for managing budgets and finances, and the general operations of the office systems and services that we offer to SA members.
- Apply best practices, management and leadership, to support economical, productive and constructive growth of SA.
- Be a subject matter expert in Labour Relations, providing feedback and direction to the current Managers on Labour Relations matters that impact the membership.
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration with a focus in Labour Relations/Law, or a related field would be an asset (other post-secondary degrees may be considered where the applicant has substantial experience in a leadership role)
- Minimum ten years’ experience in a leadership and management capacity, preferably in a union environment.
- Several years involvement with the Alberta labour movement would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of the Bargaining process.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team with attention to discretion and sensitivity to work involving confidential information.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to receive and transmit information effectively and accurately, interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with federal, provincial, and municipal government structures, policy and operations.
- Previous experience in an educational environment would be an asset.
- Proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Openings: 1 Full-time Regular (35 hrs weekly)
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Title: Director of Operations
Hourly Rate: Submit salary expectations
Other Compensation: Employer paid benefits, RRSP contributions, parking.
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen.
Interested applicants may send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com