Website Public Service Alliance of Canada
Editor – PSAC
To oversee the quality of PSAC’s translations, to provide language-related advice and to assist the Supervisor of Language Services ensure that the Section runs smoothly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to edit, translate and proofread a variety of texts, including highly technical material.Knowledge:
- Proficiency in the use of standard office software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), translationrelated
software (LogiTerm, Antidote, FlowFit, etc.) and other work tools (lexicons, bilingual concordancer
- Initiative, judgment and flexibility to manage many competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Team spirit and tact to effectively interact with clients, mentor/guide team members and fill in for the Supervisor in their absence.
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- Commitment to trade union and equity principles.
- Commitment to ensure continuous personal development to keep abreast of relevant current issues, as well as trends and developments in translation, revision, terminology and social justice.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit psacunion.ca.