Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Group/Grade: Bargaining Unit/Support Grade
Rate: $60,764.08 (start)
Date: September 20, 2022
Founded in 1973, the Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) is a leading health-care union representing more than 68,000 registered nurses and health-care professionals and 18,000 nursing student affiliates working in Ontario hospitals, long-term care facilities, public health, community, clinics and industry. ONA is committed to the advancement of the social, economic and general welfare of its members providing labour relations services that include representation of members to ensure their rights under the collective agreement are protected and negotiating the best possible terms and conditions of employment. ONA advocates for the highest standards of health care for all Ontarians. Looking to the future, ONA will continue to provide proactive strategies to raise the awareness of the value (including economic and patient benefits) of RNs with all stakeholders.
ONA is seeking to hire a Financial Accountant to join our Toronto office. The position reports to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, and works within the boundaries of ONA’s governing and administrative policies, the Vision and Strategic Outcomes, this position is accountable for ensuring that all assigned accounting functions are performed efficiently and accurately.
This is what else you can expect from this dynamic role:
- Preparing expenditure reimbursements, payments and monthly dues to members, staff, vendors and Locals in both Concur and Sage 300
- Accountable for invoice entry into the Sage 300 system for vendors and staff
- Preparing the reconciliation of invoices paid on cheque runs
- Maintaining files and supporting documentation of accounts payable invoices
- Preparing manual cheques drawn on certain bank accounts as required
- Preparation of the member salary replacement forms for payment, including verifying and maintaining copies of payroll forms and information in Sage 50
- Payment of payroll taxes to various government agencies, including verifying and maintaining copies of payroll forms and information in Sage 50 system
- Accountable for the year end preparation of T4 forms through the Sage 50 system for member payroll
- Following up with the vendor, staff or members for any invoice discrepancies
- Preparing daily and miscellaneous deposit journal entries for numerous bank accounts in the Sage 300 system
- Preparing the daily deposit summary in Excel
- Following up on outstanding receivables to ensure timely collection
- Monthly analysis and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts as assigned
- Accountable, in conjunction with the Manager, for preparing special cost analysis and financial projects as required
- Aiding the Manager in the preparation and review of related reports
- Assisting with year-end audit requirements
- Preparing the daily deposit from the cheques in the mail
- Preparing necessary journal entries required in the reconciliation process
- Providing back up coverage of various accounting functions
- Accountable for other special assignments and ad-hoc analysis as required
- Actively participating as a team member on the Accounting Team to ensure that organizational accountabilities are met
What we are looking for:
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in all aspects of accounting (GL, A/R, A/P)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with financial statements and reports required
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, namely Word and Excel required
- Sage 50 and Sage 300 knowledge an asset
- Concur knowledge an asset
- Familiar with Canadian Accounting and Auditing Standards
- Customer Service Experience
Please note that this is an in-office position. The successful candidate must be willing to work in-office.
All Interested candidates may apply via ONA Jobs by 4:30 p.m. on October 4, 2022.
The Ontario Nurses’ Association is committed to employment and pay equity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including individuals of Indigenous descent, racialized individuals, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Thank you for your interest in joining us. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.