Branch: Human Resources Branch
Employment Type: Indeterminate
Position Linguistic Designation: Bilingual (English, French)
Position Global Linguistic Level: B2
Salary: $95,921.00 – $107,955.99 + $1,585.14 Bilingual Allowance (2021 rates)
Location: Ottawa Headquarters
Search Area: Internal; Membership; Public
Closing Date: 12/02/2022
How to apply:
Please email your job application to : firstname.lastname@example.org, stating how your knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the qualifications of the position.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Senior HR Advisor and the Director, the position assists in the development of strategic human resources programs and offers operational human resources advisory services to management, elected officers, staff and employees of the PSAC and its Components across a broad spectrum of HR disciplines including recruitment, staffing, Employment Equity, learning and development, pay equity, job evaluation & classification, health and safety, and human resources policies and planning.
• University degree in Industrial Relations and/or knowledge and several years of experience in the human resources technical functions in a unionized environment including position administration, recruitment, staffing, employment equity, learning and development, pay equity, job evaluation& classification, health and safety and organizational design as well as a very good knowledge of the organizational structure and management processes of the PSAC and its Components;
• Demonstrated experience with employment equity practices, plans and legislation and ability to incorporate equity and diversity into HR and organizational processes;
• Knowledge and commitment of trade union and equity principles;
• Demonstrated knowledge of system applications and implementation.
• Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above
• Strong analytical skills to classify positions and job analysis and ability to interpret, apply and develop processes to ensure collective agreement exigencies, relevant employment legislation, regulations, standards, directives and guidelines are met;
• Ability to deal effectively with confrontations, build credibility and trust between parties and support/promote union-management partnerships;
• Demonstrated problem solving, consultative, persuasive, conflict resolution skills
• Excellent project management and team building skills;
• Strong computer skills.
• Excellent judgment to provide sound direction and advice on a variety of human resources issues to all levels of management and staff;
• An understanding of the sensitive political and social issues between a union employer and its internal bargaining agents.
A full job description is available upon request.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirit (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email email@example.com.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.