Website Yukon Employees Union
Yukon Employees’ Union is seeking a collaborative, dedicated, and highly motivated professional to join our team. Our Labour Relations Advisors provide representation, advocacy, and support to the members of the Yukon Employees’ Union. They provide training and advice to members of Component and Local Executives and to Shop Stewards in the various bargaining units throughout the Yukon.
- Post-Secondary education (degree or diploma/certificate) in a related field (Human Resources, Labour Relations, Legal Studies)
- Five years of related experience
- Labour relations and union contract and procedure expertise
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology
- Working knowledge of employment laws and terminology
- Demonstrated expertise in legal and corporate research techniques using both print and electronic resources
- Strong presentation and public-speaking abilities
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations, and ability to interpret and comply with same
This challenging unionized position is rewarded with a competitive salary, excellent pension, medical and dental plans, training opportunities and other benefits. Please note YEU does have a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for staff.
Yukon Employees’ Union is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirited (LGBTQ2S+) persons.
Salary $103,987 to $122, 340.
Applications and inquiries should be sent by email with the subject “Labour Relations Advisor 2022” to: Michelle Parsons, Executive Director email@example.com
Deadline: Friday July 8, 2022
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org