Website Ontario Nurses' Association
Labour Relations Assistant – ONA
- Make observable contributions to the success of other team members and the overall performance of the team.
- Records management (electronically and hard copy); identify priorities within the tracking system.
- Transcribe documents including letters, memos, and correspondence or copy-typing handwritten notes.
- Draft and prepare correspondence.
- Photocopy and scan documents and correspondence.
- Convert documents from various versions to Word, and/or onto templates provided.
- Produce and proofread materials/documents for our Labour Relations Officers.
- Help prepare, compile, serve and file various applications and responses for proceedings before various administrative tribunals.
- Summarize records and maintain files of arbitration awards for rights and interest cases.
- Maintain information specific to grievances/arbitrations tracking.
- Distribute new and amended collective agreements.
- Calendar management including booking meetings, coordinating appointments and scheduling calls; at times process incoming/outgoing mail and couriers ensuring the most efficient method is used for distribution.
- Receive inquiries by telephone and in person and direct callers to the appropriate team member.
- Coordinate and maintain ongoing organizational projects as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to officers, specialists, lawyers, articling students, and staff as required and requested.
- Post-secondary certificate and/or diploma in Business Administration, Legal Administration, Administrative Services or a related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience as a legal secretary and/or legal assistant in labour and employment law or litigation matters (or equivalent combination of education/experience satisfactory to ONA).
- Records management experience.
- Certificate, courses and/or experience in project management/coordination is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and demonstrated experience in database management.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment in accordance with instructions; High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work professionally with people from various levels of the organization; Impeccable interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible individual who can work effectively as part of a team.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.