Branch: Representation and Legal Services Branch
Employment Type: Indeterminate
Position Linguistic Designation: Bilingual (English, French)
Position Global Linguistic Level: B2
Salary: $104,256.00 – $117,344.00 + $1,585.14 Bilingual Allowance (if applicable) (2021 rates)
Location: Ottawa Headquarters
Search Area: Internal; Membership; Public
Closing Date: 08/24/2022
Note: There is a Bona Fide Occupational Requirement (BFOR) associated with the position and demanding the position to be filled by a qualified woman.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Legal Officer provides legal advice and representation to the PSAC Centre and the Components.
• A law degree from a recognized university, been called to the bar and be a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial law society;
• Experience appearing in the Federal Court as well as appearances before administrative tribunals;
• Specialized knowledge of administrative law, labour law, and general knowledge of contract and employment law as well as the areas of law identified above.
• Ability to recognize, analyze and solve legal problems;
• Ability to do legal research and to write legal opinions;
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
• Ability to negotiate effective solutions to complex legal issues;
• Ability to use a computer (document production and research);
• Ability to develop alternative dispute resolution mechanisms;
• Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
• Ability to be autonomous in his/her work and to demonstrate commitment to union principles and social justice.
A full job description is available upon request.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirited (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email email@example.com.
Vaccination Policy: Please note that the PSAC’s vaccination policies require guests accessing a PSAC Office, including candidates in a staffing competition attending an interview or test in-person, as well as employees in general to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated for reasons related to a ground protected by human rights legislation, including medical exemptions, may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement. For questions or more information about the PSAC’s vaccination policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that when attending a PSAC Office for the purposes of an interview or test, candidates will also be required to complete a health screening. All other questions regarding staffing competitions should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.