Website MacEwan Staff Association
Administrative Support II
Full-Time Term (12 months) (35 hours per week)
Application Deadline: Nov 15, 2023
The MacEwan Staff Association is a dynamic and progressive labour union dedicated to promoting and protecting the rights and interests of the non-academic staff at MacEwan University. We are seeking an organized and dedicated individual to join our team in a full-time 1-year term role of Administrative Support II.
About MacEwan Staff Association
The MacEwan Staff Association (MSA) is a union governed by the membership through an elected Board representing approximately 1000 non-academic employees at MacEwan University in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the MSA staff manage the daily functions of the Union. The MSA advocates for the collective workplace interests and well-being of non-academic staff.
About the Position
Reporting to the MSA Executive Director, the Administrative Support II is responsible for providing administrative support to the MSA office in all aspects of member services and office administration. Responsibilities include:
- Membership Database Management:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date membership records.
- Process new member applications and assist with membership renewals.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all membership data.
- Administrative Support:
- Provide general administrative support to the union office, including answering phones, responding to emails, filing, maintaining office supplies and managing incoming mail.
- Assist in organizing and scheduling meetings, conferences, and events.
- Prepare and distribute agendas and minutes for meetings.
- Financial Administration:
- Assist with financial record-keeping and processing, including scholarship and bursary applications, expense claims and reimbursement.
- Assist in the compilation and distribution of union communications, including newsletters, updates, and bulletins.
- Maintain the union’s online presence by updating the website and social media profiles.
- Member Services:
- Be the initial point of contact for members seeking information or assistance.
- Provide guidance and resources to members on a variety of issues.
- Document Management:
- Organize and maintain records, files, and documents in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Assist in archiving historical records and ensuring compliance with record-keeping regulations.
Skills and Qualifications
High school diploma is required, with at least 1 year of additional related experience, education or training in office administration preferred. Excellent administrative, communication and interpersonal skills, proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) and the ability to maintain member confidentiality are essential.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail. They must be collaborative and able to work with a wide variety of people and situations. A commitment to worker’s rights and an interest in the field of human resources or labour relations are an asset.
This position is for a 1-year term, 35 hours/wk, generally Mon-Fri from 8:30 am- 4:30 pm with some flexibility required for meetings outside of regular work hours. This position is generally required to be in-office, with limited flexibility for occasional work from home; starting salary $18.89 – $23.41 / hr commensurate with experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Salary progression will parallel the MSA collective agreement. Interviews will include a skills assessment. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Nov 15, 2023
MacEwan Staff Association
MacEwan University, City Centre Campus
Rm 7-102D, 10700 104 Ave
Edmonton AB T5J 2P2
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org