Alberta Union of Provincial Employees
- Experience working within a volatile labour environment, ideally with a background in unions that operate within a member-driven/action-oriented model. Solid understanding of the tenuous balance between the need for speed when dealing with both internal and external communications, and the need for accuracy and advancement of the strategic goals of AUPE.
- Established skills in incorporating and embedding the strategies, goals and priorities of the organization into practical, engaging member-centric education.
- Demonstrated success in leading dynamic, busy, diverse teams; must be comfortable assigning tasks, following up on timelines, facilitating frank exchanges of views, coaching and conflict-resolution.
- This position reports to the Senior Director of Strategic Operations.
Scope & Key Activities:
- AUPE Communications & Digital Strategies department:
- Prioritize and triage according to the urgency, importance and impact of the issue.
- Communicates regularly with The Senior Director of Strategic Operations and the Management team to ensure that our internal and external messaging is consistent with the strategies, goals and priorities of the organization and the union as a whole.
- Ensure that AUPE’s voice and messaging is present in the media cycle.
- Oversees internal and external communications such as media releases, member updates, and print and digital campaigns.
- Oversees AUPE’s online and social networking platforms and overall digital presence.
- AUPE Education department:
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Strategic Operations to determine priorities, based upon AUPE’s strategic plan.
- Once priorities are established, the Manager will work with the Education department to ensure the appropriate resources are in place to move forward with the initiatives.
- Oversees the creation and delivery of core courses, workshops, Labour School, conferences, and seminars.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com