The BC Nurses’ Union has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Information Technology (IT) Project Manager working from its Burnaby head office. The BCNU is one of the largest health care unions, providing service and advocacy for over 48,000 members, with over 170 employees. The organization is progressive, dynamic, and at the cutting-edge of new technologies to service members.
Along with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an established pension plan, the organization offers a central, modern office and a dynamic and growth culture.
We are looking for an IT Project Manager to join BC Nurses’ Union’s Project Management Office (PMO). Reporting to the Manager of the PMO, you will deliver transformative solutions that include leadership, delivery, and operational sustainability. You will work closely with the Manager of the PMO, Director of IT, key role-holders and a variety of vendors to ensure the successful completion of IT projects.
- Lead and manage multiple projects with various levels of complexity, from project initiation through to training and handover to sustainment.
- Drive the definition of project scope and objectives, involving the relevant role-holders for each project. The IT Project Manager must work closely with the Director of IT to ensure that all solutions are technologically relevant and feasible for the organization.
- Create and own all expected project assets, including project charters, project schedules, project plans, RACI, risk matrix, task breakdowns, and decision/issue/change logs.
- Proactively identify risks, and drive mitigation plans and action plans to ensure project success.
- Provide status reporting to various levels of role-holders to track and appropriately communicate progress of each project.
- Manage changes within the organization to the project scope, schedule, and budget using appropriate verification methods.
- Coordinate internal resources’ availability and allocation, as well as any third-party vendors if required for the successful execution of projects.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools.
- Report and handle issues along the escalation path as needed.
- Grow long-term collaborative relationships with internal staff and vendors.
- Seeks thorough input and advice from project team members to understand organizational impact prior to making recommendations.
- Strives to implement technological solutions that enable the consistent and effective use across the organization.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations for process improvements to enhance consistency of efforts across the organization.
- Champion project management best practices and provide clarification to various role-holders regarding the project lifecycle and associated deliverables.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A university degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other relevant field, demonstrating strong technical knowledge and comprehension.
- 5+ years of current Project Management experience with delivering IT projects (including experience with iPaaS, web technologies, and multi-tech implementations). Experienced with multi-vendor management.
- Holds an active PMP certification. Additional certifications that would benefit the role would be CSM and CCMP.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Lean, and SDLC.
- Comfortable leading and facilitating discussions on technical and business requirements.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write and present comprehensive reports.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, including successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with different levels of an organization and thrives working within complex organizational structures.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Adaptable and flexible with changing external factors and organizational goals that may impact projects.
- Driven by ensuring best practices and standards.
- Proficient with project management tools such as Asana and MS office applications.
- Preferred experience with change management, union environments, and the health care industry.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written & verbal communication
- Problem Solving
- Decision Quality
- Priority Setting
- Time management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Political Savvy
- Understanding Others
- Strategic Agility
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Technical Learning
- Presentation Skills
BCNU values, respects and protects diversity. We take pride in representing a diverse membership and staff. We offer an inclusive and supportive workplace with opportunities for career development and professional advancement as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a passionate and committed team, we’d like to hear from you!
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit can62e2.dayforcehcm.com.