Website Public Service Alliance of Canada
Regional Organizer – North – PSAC
Group: CULE 1
Classification: Band 12
There is a Bona Fide Occupational Requirement (BFOR) associated with the position to be filled by a qualified person from an Indigenous group.
Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator, and as part of regional and national teams that include other regional office and headquarters staff, the Organizer builds the Union by initiating, coordinating and implementing organizing campaigns for the purpose of recruiting new members into the PSAC.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience successfully organizing new bargaining units.
- Extensive experience of computer-based technology, including office software, internet, and e-mail environments.
- Excellent knowledge of worker rights and labour legislation.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve collective goals;
- Ability to analyze, recognize mistakes and recommend improvement;
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of union and equity principles;
- Well developed interpersonal skills, tact, sound judgment;
- Ability to work as part of member-driven organizing team;
- Innovative, flexible and open-minded.
A detailed job description is available at: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit psacunion.ca.