Branch: Regional Offices Branch
Employment Type: Term up to four (4) months
Position Linguistic Designation: English
Salary: $104,256.00 – $117,344.00 (2021 rates)
Location: Whitehorse Regional Office
Search Area: Internal; Membership
Closing Date: 01/30/2023
Note: This position is eligible for a Yearly Isolated Post Allowance (IPA) for up to $6,385 for an incumbent with dependents and $3,912 for an incumbent without dependents. The allowance covers the following admissible categories: Environmental Allowance, Living Cost Differential, Fuel and Utilities Differential, and Shelter Cost Differential. The selected candidate is entitled to a car allowance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator and as part of a regional team that includes other regional office staff, the Regional Council, and regional union bodies such as Area Councils, the Regional Representative builds the union and fosters membership solidarity by delivering union programs and services in the region.
• Significant experience in the labour and/or social justice movement.
• Knowledge of union and social issues.
• Knowledge of the political and operational structure of the PSAC.
• Familiarity with basic computer technology.
• Ability to demonstrate their commitment to union principles and social justice.
• Ability to analyze, apply, explain, and interpret collective agreements, employment legislation, and employer policies and directives.
• Ability to inspire, motivate, and organize groups to achieve collective goals and objectives.
• Ability to design and facilitate union education courses according to the principles and practices of popular education.
• Ability to develop union education materials.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English with workers in a variety of occupations and backgrounds.
• Ability to create and bring strategic plans to fruition.
• Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Teamwork and leadership are required under circumstances that are often stressful and politically sensitive.
• High degree of self motivation and initiative is expected.
• Good judgment.
A full job description is available upon request.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirit (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.