Branch: Representation and Legal Services Branch
Employment Type: Term up to (12) twelve months
Position Linguistic Designation: Bilingual (English, French)
Position Global Linguistic Level: C1
Job Band: Band 7 AEU II_X
Salary: $68,125.00 – $76,673.00 + $1,585.14 Bilingual Allowance (2021 rates)
Union: AEU II Alliance Employees Union
Location: Ottawa Headquarters
Search Area: Internal; Membership; Public
Closing Date: 01/31/2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Coordinator of the Representation Section, this position provides secretarial and administrative support to the national and/or regionalized Grievance and Adjudication Officers, and/or Alternative Dispute Resolution Officers, and/or Classification Officers and/or Analysts (referred to as “Representation Officers”).
- General administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Basic knowledge of trade union roles, objectives and activities.
- Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other work processing functions using Microsoft Word;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including to use Windows, e-mail, spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above;
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others.
- High degree of initiative and good judgment;
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles.
A full job description is available upon request.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirit (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email email@example.com.