Branch: Regional Offices Branch
Section: Halifax Regional Office
Employment Type: Term up to (4) four months
Position Linguistic Designation: English
Job Band: Band 7 CULE I_II
Salary: $68,125.00 – $76,673.00 (2021 rates)
Union: CULE II Canadian Union of Labour Employees
Location: Halifax Regional Office
Search Area: Internal; Membership; Public
Closing Date: 02/01/2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As part of the Regional Office administrative team provides administrative and secretarial support to the Regional Office and participates in the provision of comprehensive administrative services that enables the regional office to fulfill its role in a timely and credible manner. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator, assists in the maintenance of the administrative aspects of the regional offices while carrying out a wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical responsibilities to ensure the efficient operation of the regional office.
• Successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent normally provided through several years of experience in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
• General administrative and secretarial knowledge;
• Familiarity with spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
• Good knowledge of the organization, functions, and policies of the PSAC;
• Basic knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities.
• Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other word processing functions using Microsoft Word;
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including ability to use Windows, e-mail, and internet;
• Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of English grammar;
• Written and oral English communication skills are essential;
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment;
• Ability to determine priorities with minimum supervision and ability to problem-solving;
• Ability to work under strict deadlines.
• High degree of initiative, good judgment and tact;
• Commitment to union principles.
A full job description is available upon request.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirit (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email email@example.com.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.