Federation of Post-Secondary Educators
A temporary, full-time Staff Representative position is available with the Federation of Post-Secondary Educators of BC, an organization representing 10,000 faculty and staff in the post-secondary education system. The Staff Representative provides support to the President, Committees and Locals by administering and negotiating Collective Agreements and providing assistance with related FPSE activities.
The position involves:
- The provision of advice and guidance to local officers with regard to grievances, collective bargaining and other labour relations issues
- The preparation and presentation of a variety of arbitrations and appeals
- The organization of unorganized workers
- The training of officers, shop stewards, bargaining committees and members
- The organization, preparation and presentation of a variety of workshops
- The coordination of bargaining between locals
- The researching and preparation of reports and recommendations
- Additional duties as outlined in the Collective Agreement
The successful applicant has a record of excellent performance in the duties of a Staff Representative.
- Grade 12, plus 6-10 years of related experience, including extensive experience in collective bargaining and labour arbitration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Please submit a résumé and references in support of the requirements. An applicant who has work experience in the post-secondary education system or the public sector is preferred.
This is a temporary full-time position beginning as soon as possible and ending December 31, 2021.
This position is covered fully by the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement between FPSE and CUPE 1004. Under the present terms, a successful applicant will receive a salary in the range of $101,469.40 to $111,892.20. The core hours of work shall be seven hours between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. FPSE provides an excellent benefits package.
Closing Date: July 13, 2021
Send Application to: Brent Calvert, President Federation of Post-Secondary Educators
400- 550 W. 6th Ave. Vancouver, BC V5Z 1A1
Fax: 604 873-8865
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com