Website Public Service Alliance of Canada
Trainer and Junior Project Manager – PSAC
Under the general supervision of the Manager, the Advisor prepares training manuals and provides ongoing training, guidance and assistance to a diverse range of end-users of the PSAC central membership database.
The Advisor will lead projects for the implementation of new technical functions and change requests, which will involve requirements analysis, project management, and working closely with the PSAC internal IT team as well as the IT team of the central database owner, UnionWare ltd.
The Advisor will perform system’s administration functions, coordinate system upgrades, review and update of Standard Operating Procedures, create and update user accounts, prepare communications for the user community.
Education and experience:
- Working experience with the UnionWare software or other relational database or demonstrated knowledge of
relational databases learned through education;
- Demonstrated work experience in a position involving user support and/or junior project management functions or
demonstrated knowledge learned through education;
- Working experience or equivalent education to prepare technical document and provide training to end users.
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the structure, programs and work processes of the PSAC;
- Knowledge and commitment of trade union and equity principles.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver comprehensive training sessions to a diverse user community;
- Ability in working with system and end-user documentation such as the application business rules, the Standard Operating Procedures, FAQ documents;
- Good interviewing techniques and analytical skills to gather and understand user requirements either in the day-today
support function or in a project lead function;
- Problem-solving skills to provide sound advice on a variety of information management related issues;
- Ability to learn quickly; remain current on emerging information technology trends by participating in seminars, courses
and industry presentations;
- Good writing skills to prepare and/or edit different documents;
- Ability to effectively schedule tasks and assignments;
- Ability to deal with competing priorities;
- Ability to remain effective during pressure situations;
- Ability to work effectively without close supervision and cooperatively with others;
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level
- Good judgment;
- Commitment to continuous quality / process improvement and to customer service;
- Understanding of the sensitive political and social issues.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.
If you apply to this post because you saw it here, please mention that you saw the notice at the CALM Job Board on your cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit psacunion.ca.