The following rules apply for 2018 CALM awards for work done in 2017. The awards will be announced at our annual awards banquet on Friday, May 10 in Halifax at the annual CALM conference. If your entry does not conform to these rules, it will not be considered.
- The awards are strictly for original material published or produced in 2017.
- They are open only to CALM members who have paid 2018 membership dues. Membership dues can be submitted at the time of the awards application.
- Some categories are sub-divided into two classifications. Awards will not necessarily be given in all categories or classifications, depending on the number and merit of the entries. You may only submit up to two entries per category, unless otherwise stated.
- There will be five independent judges in the four categories: print, broadcast, online, graphic design and French writing.
- You must provide one sample for each award category you enter. If you enter something into multiple categories, your entry must include multiple samples. Each mail-in sample must be identified with the name of the union local, the person submitting the award, the name of the person or persons who created the material, and the award category.
- It is expected that entries be union-made, provided that union printers, producers, technicians and reproduction facilities are available to the entrant.
- The authority to determine the appropriate award classification for each entry rests with CALM and will be based on the information provided on the attached entry form and CALM’s membership records.
- To be eligible, submissions must be received through the online submission form or at the address above no later than March 26, 2018. Winning entries will be posted on the CALM website during the 2018 conference.
- Several categories are open to English and French submissions. Read the categories closely to ensure that you submit your award to the right category, and in the right language, if applicable. All categories are open to both languages, unless otherwise noted.
If you mail your entry, please ensure you’ve met the following requirements:
- Read rules and guidelines above.
- Fill out the entry form and include it with the entry - found on the right-side side bar on the Awards home page.
- Submit one sample for each award category, following the instructions for that category on the entry form.
Ship your whole entry to arrive no later than March 26, 2018 if sent by regular mail. Because of the proximity of a Canada Post counter to the CALM office, we prefer that entries are sent via Canada Post.
196 Rene-Levesque O.