Rules and guidelines for CALM 2017 awards
Some description text for this item
The following rules apply for 2017 CALM awards for work done in 2016.
The awards will be announced at our annual awards banquet on Saturday, May 6 in Toronto at the annual CALM conference. If your entry does not conform to these rules, it will not be considered.
- The awards are strictly for original material published or produced in 2016.
- They are open only to CALM members who have paid 2017 membership dues. Membership dues can be submitted at the time of the awards application.
- Some categories are sub-divided into two classifications. Awards will not necessarily be given in all categories or classifications, depending on the number and merit of the entries. You may only submit up to two entries per category.
- There will be five independent judges in the four categories: print, broadcast, online, graphic design and French writing.
- The entry fees are $25 for local labour councils and for local unions representing up to 1,000 members, $75 for union locals and local labour councils representing more than 1,000 members and $150 for provincial, national or international unions and federations. It covers submissions for any number of award categories. The entry fee, in the form of a cheque payable to CALM or submitted online, must accompany your submission. The fee is subject to HST.
- You must provide one sample for each award category you enter. If you enter something into multiple categories, your entry must include multiple samples. Each mail-in sample must be identified with the name of the union local, the person submitting the award, the name of the person or persons who created the material, and the award category.
- It is expected that entries be union-made, provided that union printers, producers, technicians and reproduction facilities are available to the entrant.
- The authority to determine the appropriate award classification for each entry rests with CALM and will be based on the information provided on the attached entry form and CALM’s membership records.
- To be eligible, submissions must be received through the online submission form or at the address below no later than March 31, 2017. Winning entries will be posted on the CALM website during the 2017 conference.
- Several categories are open to English and French submissions. Read the categories closely to ensure that you submit your award to the right category, and in the right language, if applicable. All categories are open to both languages, unless otherwise noted.
To go to the awards entry form, click here.