2022 Award Winners
1. Ed Finn Award for excellence in writing for print
Winner: Staff produced – BC Building Trades “Fight for justice continues in rock scaler’s death”
Winner: Volunteer produced – BC Teachers’ Federation “The greatest gift was being held accountable for my racism”
2. Best Photo
Winner: Staff produced - PEA "King of the bees" by Jeff Topham
Honourable mention: Staff produced - HSAA "A resting moment" by Peter Markowski
Winner: Volunteer produced - SGEU "A moment of reflection"
3. The Freeperson Award for best cartoon, illustration or infographic
Winner: Staff produced - HEU "When it's time to go"
4. Morden Lazarus Prize for best editorial, column, or opinion piece that thoughtfully argues labour’s position on an issue
Honourable Mention: CUPE 3906 “Doug Ford is no friend to working people” by Brad Walchuk
5. The Cliff Scotton Prize for narrative, video, audio or visual that reflects history, traditions and culture of the labour movement
Winner: UNA “Rebels With a Cause 2021”
6. The Fighting Oppression Award for a communications initiative that raises consciousness and contributes to struggles against racism, sexism, homophobia, ableism and other forms of oppression and discrimination.
Winner: Labour Community Services “Refugees in Canada: Facts and Myths Presentation”
10. Best opinion, news or feature story that demonstrates excellence in labour writing [FRENCH ONLY].
Gagnant: UCTE “Leadership des femmes dans les aéroports”
11. Best short video, made for TV broadcast or online distribution.
Winner: NAPE “We called them heroes”
15. Best hard copy promotional material
Winner: Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario
16. Best Print Ad
18. Best Poster
Winner: Staff produced - HEU - Indigenous Peoples Day
Winner: Volunteer produced - CUPW - We will no longer be silenced
19. Best membership mobilization material
Winner: HSAA “8,000 Conversations”
22. Most innovative online tool
Winner: Unifor “Translation tool”
23. Best meme
Winner: CUPE 3906
24. Best use of social media by a union
Winner (staff produced): CUPW
Winner (volunteer produced): HSAA